Coynachie Guest House ideally placed geographically to make a comfortable base for your holiday. When you have relaxed enough why not go forth and explore some of the many trails and attractions we have in this area.
Scotland’s Only Castle Trail
The trail is made up of impressive ruins, grand mansions and imposing fortresses all with tales of battles to tell. In the heart of Aberdeenshire we are fortunate to have thirteen of the world’s most unique and striking castles.
- Huntly Castle – On this unique trail, situated in the historic market town of Huntly and here for you to enjoy.
Malt Whisky Trail
StrathIsla Distillery in Keith is part of the 8 distilleries which make up this world famous Malt Whisky Trail. Take part in a guided tour and start to appreciate what makes Speyside malt whisky so special.
- Visit Award winning Whisky Shop Duncan & Taylor in Huntly and see a huge range of some of the most special whisky on offer.
We are very fortunate to have a superb coastline offering spectacular scenery, towering cliffs, shallow waters and secluded bays. We have some beautiful sandy beaches and shallow paddling pools. Why not try
- Boat Trips, bird watching, dolphin watching, scuba diving or quiet stroll along the beach
George MacDonald Trail – Huntly
Following the hugely successfully George MacDonald of Huntly Festival in March 2007 organised by Deveron Arts. Huntly now has its own new George MacDonald Trail – A storywalk through Huntly, devised by Bob Pegg inspired by George MacDonald.
- Secret Doorways, Strange Worlds
Macduff Marine Aquarium
Macduff Marine Aquarium features marine life from the Moray Firth, Scotland’s largest bay. The aquarium’s deep central exhibit displays a living kelp reef and is the only one of its kind in Britain.
- Visitors come face to face with native fish and invertebrates
- Rock pools and touch tanks for children
- Scuba divers hand feed fish on a regular basis.
- Educational and Fun!
Vitrified Forts, Recumbent and Standing Stones
This 1000 year old vitrified fort sits on the Tap O’Noth. The site crowns the summit of the 562m Hill of Noth. Spectacular views and great walk car park close by too.
Leith Hall and Garden
A typical Scottish Laird’s residency brimming with family treasures, set in 286 acres of scenic estate containing 6 acres of wonderful garden.
Turriff Agricultural Show
- Largest 2 day Agricultural Show in North East Scotland
- Top Livestock producers. Horse and Pony exhibitions
- 250 Trade stands including food fayre and excellent craft fair
Keith Agricultural Show
- Main ring entertainment, livestock judging
- Tractor pulling and lots more!
Scottish Forest Alliance – Aberdeenshire Forest District – Tel 01466 794161
- Varied program of events
- Book & Pay sometimes required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult